Safaricom Ethiopia is currently looking for individuals to join their Technology Function in the following positions:
Position 1: Analyst- Financial Systems & Processes
Education & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant CPA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA with an honors degree from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in an international company or international audit firm.
- Experience in managing Financial Systems, specifically ERPs.
- Proficiency in project management skills and competencies.
- Ability to critically analyze processes and systems for enhancement of efficiencies and performance through understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience in the preparation and supervision of basic accounting ledger entries and extraction of the Trial Balance and financial statements.
- Preparation of periodic statutory accounts.
- Direct involvement in corporate reporting for financial and management information.
- Submission of accurate, timely, and relevant information for statutory and internal audit purposes.
- Analytical skills and ability to monitor and explain trends and variances.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams.
- Leadership skills and ability to train others and enhance their skills and competencies.
Location: Addis Ababa
Position 2: Principal In-house Counsel
- Degree in Law from a reputable university with a minimum of 2nd class honors.
- 5 – 8 years of legal experience in commercial and corporate law. Experience in the telecommunications sector and mobile product management knowledge highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at courts and/or other tribunals.
- Other post-graduate diplomas or certificate courses in legal matters such as arbitration/mediation, IP, negotiation skills.
The position holder will be responsible for providing legal advice to relevant business line leaders and executives and managing group legal affairs in a manner that fully protects the company’s legal interests and manages all associated risk. This includes negotiating and drafting sound agreements, and, in the event of litigation, ensuring that this process is managed efficiently and effectively, and that appropriate expertise is available to ensure success.
Location: Addis Ababa
How To Apply:
If you are interested in these positions and meet the qualifications, kindly update your candidate profile on the career portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
The closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, September 3, 2023.