International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an intern in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
ILRI is a One CGIAR research center and is the only center dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia and has regional or country offices in 14 other locations in Africa, and South and South-East Asia. Drawn from some 40 nationalities, ILRI has a workforce of about 630 staff globally and operates on an annual budget of about US$100M. The institute works through extensive partnership arrangements with research and development institutions in both the developed and developing parts of the world.
Position: Intern For Information Communication and Technology Unit
The ideal candidate should be: –
- Enrolled for an undergraduate university degree program and is pursuing a bachelor’s in either Computers Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good command of written and spoken the English language.
Location: ILRI Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
Duration: 3 months
Terms of appointment:
- A monthly stipend to meet accommodation, transport, and day-to-day living expenses.
- Medical insurance
- Manning the ICT service desk and assignment of tickets.
- Provision of basic support to users of ICT Services.
- Performing basic diagnostic routines.
- Assist with setting up physical & virtual meetings.
- Cleanup of records in various ICT systems.
- Testing of new software and technical tools.
- Installing new software and hardware on endpoints.
- Delivering hardware and resources to staff as required.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: March 15, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letter, detailed CV, motivation letter, and university internship request letters.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Capacity Development.
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY” on or before 15th March 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).