The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Addis Ababa is looking to hire two qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Clerks in the Visa and Consular Section.
Position: Assistant Clerks (Visa and Consular Section)
- B.A. or professional experience in the administrative field
- Excellent knowledge of both Amharic and English (both compulsory)
- Preferably sufficient command of the German language in reading and writing (applicants with higher language proficiency in German will be preferred)
- Knowledge of the following languages will be considered an asset: Tigrinya, Somali, Oromo, Arabic, French
- Working knowledge of standard IT programs (Word, Excel, and similar)
- Equitable, honest, and professional behavior with both the public and colleagues
- Reliability, commitment, and dedication to the job
- Interest and ability to work in a service-oriented environment
- Willingness to obtain a working knowledge of special software used in the visa section
- Capability to work in a team, showing politeness and respect
The Embassy offers a full-time position with a working time of 40 hours. Payment will be subject to the Embassy’s salary scale and will be appropriate and customary. The contract will be based on Ethiopian law. Benefits such as medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany encourages qualified women to apply for the position, as it guarantees equal opportunities for women and men. Applicants with severe disabilities will receive preferential treatment within the legal framework, provided they possess the same professional qualifications as their competitors.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae, stating e-mail address and phone number, with a recent photograph
- A motivational statement in English or German language
- Proof of qualification (degrees, certifications, etc.)
- References from previous employers
- Copy of your passport and/or Kebele ID-Card
Foreign nationals must provide a permit for employment under local law valid until September 2023 to be considered.
German Embassy, Administration
Yeka Kifle Ketema, Woreda 03, Addis Ababa
PO Box 660, Addis Ababa
Late applications and applications by e-mail will not be considered. The Embassy will neither acknowledge receipt of applications nor return documents or reply to any queries about the state of an application.
If your application is considered, you will be informed in October 2023 and invited to the Embassy for an interview, during which you will be required to present original documents. Please note that the Embassy is unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews. If you are not invited for an interview, please understand that your application was not successful.
Please note that the selected applicant is obliged to undergo a medical examination and pass security clearance by the German authorities.