Bright Future Ethiopia Development and Charity Association (BFE) is a local non-governmental organization (NGO) looking to hire a Junior Accountant for its projects. Here are the details:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Graduate of 2014/2015 E.C from a recognized university with a BA degree in Accounting/Finance or related disciplines with a GPA minimum of 3.25.
- Knowledge, training, and certificates on Peachtree, IPSAS, and other accounting systems are an added asset.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations of the Agency of Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) for NGOs is preferable.
- Willingness to travel (minimum of 50%) to different existing and/or new project areas, including risky environment conditions for those applying for Addis Ababa (Head Office).
- Must be willing to be based 100% in Yaya Gullele (Fital town) for those applying for the Yaya Gullele project.
The junior accountants are responsible for managing all accounting and finance-related issues, including but not limited to:
- Leading the installation and implementation of Peachtree accounting/IPSAS accounting system.
- Ensuring effective financial running and rigorous financial control management.
- Conducting budget monitoring and proper utilization of funds.
- Preparing monthly payroll, bank reconciliation, periodic financial reports, and more.
Duration: Nine months (Fixed-Term Contract, with probation period); extension depends on budget availability.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to project sites.
Deadline: October 8, 2023
How to Apply:
Please send a motivation letter and resume (maximum four pages in one PDF file) directly to [email protected] and [email protected]. Specify “Junior ACCOUNTANT for Yaya Gullele” in the subject line for those applying for the Yaya Gullele project, and “Junior ACCOUNTANT for Addis Ababa” in the subject line for those applying for Addis Ababa.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing or remove you from consideration.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements and points listed above will not be considered.
- In-person applications are not accepted.