The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture.
Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Position: Transportation Coordinator
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Intermediate level in English (oral and written)
- Advanced level in Amharic (oral and written)
- Minimum 1 year’s experience working in an office environment in an administrative support capacity
- Experience in liaising and working with clients (internal or external), partners or stakeholders
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Effective interactive communication – oral and written
- Organizational skills
- Focus on Quality and Details
- Client orientation
- Working with others
- Professional integrity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Intermediate level in French (oral and written)
- Experience working for a diplomatic mission
- Experience working in financial administration
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Experience working in logistics
- Experience maintaining detailed driver logs
- Knowledge of the Government of Canada’s Guidelines on Fleet Management, Chapter 1: Light-Duty Vehicles
- Ability to effectively manage clients
- Ability to monitor and manage a budget.
- Ability to supervise staff and manage performance.
 See https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=28288#
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- May be required to work overtime
- May be required to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends)
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
- Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
- Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: 514,133 gross ETB per annum
Deadline: August 17, 2022
How to Apply:
- You must submit your application using the “Apply online” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
If you want to get daily job notifications, Join Our Telegram Channel: https://t.me/goderash